Tuesday, September 22, 2009

INDO...The best Sushi in Myrtle

While spending time in the Myrtle Beach area this past summer I was craving some sushi. I noticed a cute little place in a strip mall across from where I was staying, but my schedule didn't permit the time to check it out while I was there. So, while I was sitting at the airport waiting for my flight back to New York; Sushi was on my mind. It was then when I herd the announcement that my flight had been cancelled due to crazy lightning storms in New York, I knew at that moment in time exactly where I was heading for dinner.

I had the cab driver take me back to the hotel just so I could secure my bags and then I made a bee line for the cute little Thai restaurant across the way.

Skully, my good looking American bartender poured me some Saki while I had a chance to look over the menu. I decided on the Fresh Rolls, they were to die for, but the Pan Fried Grouper was something out of this world! Smothered with portabella mushrooms, asparagus, and avocado topped with a Thai red Curry sauce that will keep you sippin your Saki. The homemade Miso soup was a hit as where the Spider Rolls. Greg my sushi chef out did him self! Fresh ingredients made all the difference in this culinary experience.

Laura Smith, the owner of INDO was a most gracious host. She checked on me and made me feel like family.

As I watched the rain pour down in buckets outside, I was warm and dry with my Saki and new friends inside. I had a great meal, and soon rest would follow, only to wake in the morning and attempt my journey home once again.

It has been months since my wonderful meal at INDO, but it is still fresh on my mind.

Thank You Laura for the great eats, and super hospitality! Skully, Thanks for reducing the stress level from my canceled flight. I couldn't have had a better last night out in Myrtle had I planned it that way.

I regret that my camera was back at my hotel, so you will have to take my word for the beautiful presentation of my food. When in Myrtle, check out INDO, and while your there say hello to Skully for me!



Indo, Thai;Sushi;Hibachi Restaurant

980 82nd Parkway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572

Laura Smith;Owner

Tel: 843-629-7000

Fax:843-692-7020

No comments:

Post a Comment