Friday, October 2, 2009

" Buza" On The Top Of Dabrovnik






Recently,I was lucky enough to walk the interior of the Castle in Dabrovnik's historic 'Old Town'. The abundance of cafes and coffee shops seemed endless and the walking made me work up a thirst for a beverage. I following the arrows of the hand carved wooden 'Cold Refreshments'sign. I climbed up towards the top of the castle towards the sky and the vibrant blue water view of the Adriatic Sea.
The stone steps seemed endless, the curve of the walls of the castle were smooth yet rugged. Keep climbing! I told myself, just when I thought I would never find the oasis on top of the world, there it was; "BUZA". I thought how incredibly lucky I was to have found this beautiful spot on Earth. Myself, and about 20 other thirsty patrons found paradise.I ordered the local Karlovacko beer, or pivo as they say in Croatia. I found a seat and took a deep breath, as I looked out on the most incredible view of the Adriatic and the Island of Lokrum. The little place was situated on the side of a rock ledge, little tables and chairs filled with people taking in the warm sun and the beauty of the moment.
If you ever find yourself in Dabrovnik's Old Town, you need to follow the wooden sign and climb to the top of the world and treat yourself to a cold refreshing Pivo, and take in the magical sights and the beauty of Croatia.

No comments:

Post a Comment