Monday, November 8, 2010

Top of The World in Ireland





Europe’s highest sea cliffs are found at Sliabh Liag (Slieve League) and offer the most stunning views in all of Ireland. The awe inspiring sight of the torquise waves from the Atlantic Ocean as they crash onto the shore some 1972 feet below will take your breath away. The road leading up to the cliffs is also a unforgettable experience. With it’s twists and turns and sudden breath-taking drops, you might think your bus is tipping over. Leave your high heals at home ladies; the walking pathways are rugged. I hiked One Man’s Pass, a five feet wide trail made up of very steep slopes on either side. As I climbed my way to the top, my heart was beating faster. I stopped for a moment, the wind blowing hard, and took a deep breath as I became entranced with the natural beauty of the unspoiled landscape. As I reached for my water and then for my camera, I realized I was on top of the world. Note: The 400 meter pathway is not for the faint of heart on a windy day.

Sliabh Liag (SLIEVE LEAGUE CLIFFS) Europes highest sea cliffs over looking the Atlantic Ocean 1972 ft below. www.sliabhleague.com

No comments:

Post a Comment