Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St George, Utah: The Red Rocks are Calling Me Back






Even though I’m back in New York, I can hear the echo from Snow Canyon calling the adventure junkie in me to return for more. After the time that I had and the people I met, I’m craving more! In five action-packed days, I hiked, biked, and climbed some of the most beautiful mountains ever in St. George, Utah.

I was lucky enough to call the Red Mountain Resort and Spa home and to enjoy a few spa treatments at The Sagestone Spa to sooth my soul and help relax and re-energize my weary muscles. While most people go to a spa to relax and detoxify themselves from impurities, I like to think of a spa as the perfect mix of detox and re-tox.

I spent my first evening doing yoga in Snow Canyon, surrounded by the beauty of the red rocks at sunset. It established a connection for me with the earth and universe and provided a perfect foundation for my psyche.

I found myself, almost unavoidably, soul searching. The natural beauty of the red rocks seemed to pull inner thoughts, hopes and dreams from within my soul like a counseling session without the couch.

The twinkling night sky reminded me of my favorite childhood game, ‘Lite-Bright.’ Once the colorful plastic pegs were removed from the dark colored paper, you gazed through to the light that sparkled from behind. The sky was filled with twinkling stars; some appeared almost close enough to reach out and touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment