Thursday, May 28, 2009

Yard Sale Weekend











Well it's finally here, the long awaited weekend so I can get rid of my 'stuff '. I have spent much time planning and sorting all the things in my life that I no longer desire. My Mother pretends to be a customer, she walks through the crowd and looks the part of the busy shopper. No doubt she will find a funny hat or scarf to put on as to 'fit in'. My sister will arrive with bagels in hand and Dunkin Donut coffee. That always makes me happy!What do we really need? Why do we and how do we acquire so much 'stuff '? I swore off yard sales after my last one. Never Again! I told my self. I even said it out loud! Rain, rain go away, come again another day! Perhaps, I'm slap happy from putting those little round neon stickers on everything. Something for everyone; so they say. I can hear it already...uhmmm, excuse me but would you take less for this item? Well let me see...it's already marked 25 cents, sure I will lady! Let us not neglect the' early birds', they are people too. If you are not familiar with that term they are eager people that show up at your house anywhere from 3 hours to one entire day early in hopes of getting the true bargain. So when it's all said and done I will count my dollars and make my trip to Goodwill to donate all the left over treasure that no one claimed. I might be a little richer, but I think not any wiser. I will have to wake early to post the signage, normally that job gets done the night before, but like years past the rain will ruin my efforts and destroy my posters.

One thing is for sure, I will say "NEVER AGAIN" again; but give me two years and more 'stuff' and I will be back at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment