Wednesday, June 17, 2009

14 B, Any Seat But This One!







Well, I have been home for a few days now and still find myself thinking about seat 14B. Honestly, I'm not sure what Delta was thinking when they put this seat in the plane. It is located directly across from the toilet. It is the last seat on the plane, and it may as well be located outside of the plane. The smell would have been better from the exterior! So let me see if i can explain this a little better for those of you having a tuff time getting a visual for this...


After going to the airport the first day and having that flight cancelled, I returned to my hotel for one more night of FUN in Myrtle Beach. Day 2,back in the saddle again, I returned to the airport for another go at it and all seemed well. I boarded my flight, with my belongings in tow, as I walked the distance of the plane I realized my seat was ALL the way back. As I settled in for the just under 2 hour flight to LGA, I clearly realized that this could be a "Crappy" seat, no pun intended!


For starters, every time someone had to use the facility's there 'ass' brushed up against my arm. That's just not right! OK , So in or out! Do people realize the longer they leave the door open the more of a whiff we all get in back of the bus. I could almost taste the air freshener that sprayed every few minutes to keep the area smelling mighty fine. I have been waking up nights hearing the 'GUSH' of the flush. That reminds me of another question... why do they only have 1oz Vodka on board? It was soon clear to me that I needed to make the best of this situation fast. The pretty blue water that was sucked 1000 MPH outwards into oblivion made me turn up my i-pod even louder. I thought for sure the peanuts where dipped in glade, they had a special sheen about them. I took my sweater off of my head long enough to wash them down with my Vodka and Fresca. Quick, back into the cocoon! As for the bible belt, God fearing, non-stop talking big sister who never shut up and never told her little brother to stop flicking the light on and off and who never hinted that he might cut his jugular by ripping his can of ginger ale apart with his bare hands, Thank You for getting the hint that I was not in the mood for small talk!



That's just apart of the glamorous life of a travel writer, next time I could get lucky and be in first class! All in a days work!

No comments:

Post a Comment