Friday, June 18, 2010

Feeling Small...

I'm feeling a little lost, somehow forgotten. I don't mind being so far away from home, it's just the lack of communication.
It started out good when a man at the airport was holding a place mat with my name on it! He spoke perfect English, and brought me to my hotel. It's been going down hill since! I spent the entire first day in China by myself. I spoke with a nice German man, he helped me get in touch with someone from CNTB. I think I was a surprise! They paid for my ticket, so I thought they knew I was coming. Well of course they did, I'm just being silly! I am experiencing a lost, far away, alone type of vibe. I depend on facebook when I travel,I like the rational thoughts of my friends back home. It got me through a bullfight in Valencia, and it saved me from being eaten alive in the pubs of Dublin.(Well,almost!)
So now, I find myself trapped in non communication land. Wuhan, China has locked me down from e-mail contact, blog, and now it appears text. All of which are not an option at the moment.
I sent an e-mail back home, and I got a text, that it had been received, but it was blank.
Then, I sent a text, and I got nothing in return, so that leads me to believe that I am in full LOCK OUT MODE!
Confusing and frustrating, yes it is!
I'm a little more concerned about tomorrow, my itinerary keeps changing with the tide of the Yangtze. I don't know where I'll be staying or even what city or town. All I know, or think I know, is that I will be someplace in The Hubei Province.
Nothing is in English! So for now, I shall sleep in the Shangri-La Hotel and see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment